Sweet Red Pepper Coulis
|1 tbs olive oil|
|1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped|
|6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed|
|3 medium red bell peppers, roughly chopped|
|1/2 tsp kosher salt|
|1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper|
|1 sprig fresh thyme|
|1/4 cup dry white wine|
|1/4 cup chicken stock|
This multi-purpose sauce is great for chicken, fish, crab crab cakes and pastas.
- Heat the olive in a large sauce pan over medium-low heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, red pepper, salt, pepper, thyme and stir to coat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover loosely and cook until the vegetables are softened, but not browned. About 15-20 minutes.
- When the vegetables are soft, add the wine and raise the temperature so that the wine comes to a boil.
- Reduce the wine until about 1 tbs remains.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the mixture to a blender or food processor and process until very smooth.
- Press mixture through a wire mesh strainer.