Trinidad Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1 small green papaya
- 12 hot red peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 4 tbs dry mustard
- 2 cups malt vinegar
- Put the papaya into a sauce pan with enough cold water to cover, bring to a boil, cover and simmer until tender. About 15 minutes.
- Cool, peel and chop coarsely. Return to the sauce pan with the hot peppers, onions, garlic, salt, turmeric, curry powder and the mustard mixed with the vinegar.
- Stir and simmer gently uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Cool and add to glass jar or freeze portions in plastic containers.