Apple Bread Pudding
- 2 cups day old bread, cubed
- 4 cups milk, scalded
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 Cortland or McIntosh apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Place cubed bread in a bowl, then pour scalded milk over and allow to become well soaked and slightly cool.
- Beat eggs lightly, then add sugar, salt and vanilla and lightly beat again.
- Stir egg mixture into bread.
- Add melted butter and stir.
- Grease a 2 quart baking dish and pour in pudding.
- Add the apples, walnuts and raisins and stir together.
- Set baking dish in a pan containing 1 inch of hot water and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 60 to 75 minutes.