Apple Bread Pudding
|2 cups day old bread, cubed|
|4 cups milk, scalded|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tsp pure vanilla extract|
|1/2 cup butter, melted|
|2 Cortland or McIntosh apples, peeled, cored and sliced|
|1/2 cup chopped walnuts|
|1/2 cup raisins|
- Place cubed bread in a bowl, then pour scalded milk over and allow to become well soaked and slightly cool.
- Beat eggs lightly, then add sugar, salt and vanilla and lightly beat again.
- Stir egg mixture into bread.
- Add melted butter and stir.
- Grease a 2 quart baking dish and pour in pudding.
- Add the apples, walnuts and raisins and stir together.
- Set baking dish in a pan containing 1 inch of hot water and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 60 to 75 minutes.