Asian Beef Satay
|2 lbs of flank steak|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2 tbs fresh ginger, grated|
|1 (14oz) can of coconut milk|
|1 tbs soy sauce|
|1 tsp curry powder|
|1 tsp turmeric|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs sugar|
|pinch of cayenne|
|pinch of ground cinnamon|
|1 tsp paprika|
|1 tbs creamy peanut butter|
|wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30-40 minutes|
- Add marinade ingredients except for the peanut butter and simmer for about 5 minutes, then add in the peanut butter. Allow to cool
- Trim flank steak of any fat or silver skin, then place in the freezer for about 20 minutes to make slicing easier.
- Cut flank steak at an angle across the grain, making strips about 1 inch wide and 1/8 inch thick.
- You will have about 30-35 strips.
- Add the marinade to a bowl then and add the flank steak. Marinate for 30-45 minutes, refrigerated.
- Thread the steak on the pre-soaked skewers and all to rest for 30 minutes before grilling.
- Grill over hot coals for about 2-3 minutes per side or until desired doneness is achieved.