Asian Beef Satay
- 2 lbs of flank steak
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbs fresh ginger, grated
- 1 (14oz) can of coconut milk
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbs sugar
- pinch of cayenne
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbs creamy peanut butter
- wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30-40 minutes
- Add marinade ingredients except for the peanut butter and simmer for about 5 minutes, then add in the peanut butter. Allow to cool
- Trim flank steak of any fat or silver skin, then place in the freezer for about 20 minutes to make slicing easier.
- Cut flank steak at an angle across the grain, making strips about 1 inch wide and 1/8 inch thick.
- You will have about 30-35 strips.
- Add the marinade to a bowl then and add the flank steak. Marinate for 30-45 minutes, refrigerated.
- Thread the steak on the pre-soaked skewers and all to rest for 30 minutes before grilling.
- Grill over hot coals for about 2-3 minutes per side or until desired doneness is achieved.