Asian Stir Fried Bitter Melon with Tofu
|2 bitter melons (available at Asian grocery's)|
|1 tbs fish sauce|
|3 cloves chopped garlic|
|1/2 lb of firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch blocks|
|3 tbs cooking oil|
|Dash of salt and cayenne pepper|
Bitter melon is frequently found on Asian tables, It is not only delicious, but it is thought to have healing properties.
- Cut the bitter melon in half lengthwise and using a spoon scrape out the seeds and pith.
- Slice the melon cross ways into 1/4 inch slices, evenly.
- Cut the tofu unto 1/2 inch blocks.
- Heat the oil in a wok using high heat. Once oil is very hot add the melon and stir constantly for 6 or 7 minutes.
- Add the tofu and continue to stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, salt, cayenne pepper and fish sauce and stir for another minute.
- Serve with rice.