Broccoli Cauliflower Soup
- 3/4 lb fresh broccoli florets
- 3/4 lb fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 and 1/2 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups milk, divided
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine the broccoli, cauliflower, onions and stock in a large sauce pan and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Do not drain.
- Add the mixture to a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Return to the pan and add a milk and heat through using medium heat until almost boiling. Do not boil.
- Whisk to combine, then season with salt and pepper.