Butter Wine Poached Oysters
- 2 dozen fresh oysters in the shell
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
These oysters are poached in the shell with wine and butter and are absolutely delicious.
- Scrub the oysters well, making sure to remove all dirt from the shells.
- Add the butter and melt using low heat.
- Add the garlic and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the oysters, cover the pan and simmer until the oysters open. Remove from heat
- Place the oysters on a large serving platter and spoon the sauce over and serve.