Butter Wine Poached Oysters
|2 dozen fresh oysters in the shell|
|2 sticks unsalted butter|
|1 cup white wine|
|1/2 cup water|
|1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped|
These oysters are poached in the shell with wine and butter and are absolutely delicious.
- Scrub the oysters well, making sure to remove all dirt from the shells.
- Add the butter and melt using low heat.
- Add the garlic and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the oysters, cover the pan and simmer until the oysters open. Remove from heat
- Place the oysters on a large serving platter and spoon the sauce over and serve.