Caribbean Crab Stew
- 1 and 1/2 lb of lump blue crab meat (you may substitute king, or snow crab)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 4 roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 fresh hot red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 tbs achiote oil (mix 4 tbs olive oil with 1 tbs annatto powder)
- 4 tbs lime juice
- 4 tbs vinegar
- 24 pitted green olives
- 1 lb of fresh peas or 10oz frozen peas, thawed
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This recipe is typically made with land crabs in the Caribbean, we have substitute blue crab as they are easier to obtain.
- Place all ingredients except for the crab and peas and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the peas and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add the crab just before serving.
- Serve with rice.