Caribbean Potato Curry
- 4 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tbs Fenugreek
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs masala or curry powder or paste
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 small unripe mango, peeled and sliced (green)
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan or sauce pan and add the Fenugreek and garlic cloves.
- Cook over medium heat stirring with a wooden spoon, until the garlic is dark brown, but not burnt.
- Lift out and discard the Fenugreek and garlic.
- Add the masala to the pan and cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, the green mango slices, salt to taste and the water.
- Cover and cook at a simmer until the potatoes are tender. If necessary add a little more water during cooking, but the finished dish should be quite dry.