Chilled Cream of Cucumber Soup
|3 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped (about 1 and 1/2 lbs)|
|1 medium onion, minced|
|5 cups chicken or vegetable stock|
|kosher salt and white pepper to taste|
|2 tsp arrowroot|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|1 tbs chives, chopped|
- Place the cucumbers, onion and stock into a sauce pan and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Cool then place soup in a blender or food processor and process until smooth
- Strain the soup and return to the sauce pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the arrowroot with 1 tbs of water and stir into the soup,
- Simmer until lightly thickened, but do not boil.
- Stir the cream, cover and chill completely.
- To serve, garnish with chives.