|1 and 1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs|
|5 tbs unsalted butter, melted|
|3 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened|
|1 cup sugar|
|2 tbs creme de cacao|
|8 oz semi sweet chocolate melted and cooled slightly|
|1 tsp vanilla|
|1 and 1/2 cups sour cream|
|1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped|
|marishino cherries for decoration|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the wafer crumbs and butter and press into the bottom and about 1 inch up the sides of a 9 inch spring form pan. Refrigerate while preparing the filling.
- For the filling beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in creme de cacao, chocolate and vanilla.
- Fold in the sour cream.
- Pour into crumb lined pan and place on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour.
- Turn off oven and cool cheese cake for 30 minutes in the oven with the door partially open. Remove from the oven a cool completely.
- Cover cake and refrigerate in the pan for at least 8 hours.
- To serve remove side of pan, then pipe whipped cream using a pastry bag on top of the cake or mound the center.
- Decorate with the cherries.