Classic French Dressing
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbs sugar
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
This recipe is for a classic basic French dressing along with some innovative variations.
- Combine all ingredients in a screw top jar or small bowl.
- Shake well or combine with a wire whisk until the dressing thickens and becomes slightly creamy.
- Chill covered.
- Recipe may be doubled.
- Curried French Dressing: Follow recipe above and add 1 tsp curry powder. Blend well.
- Herb French Dressing: Follow recipe above. Add 1 tbs fresh chopped parsley, 1 tsp dried basil or oregano and 1/4 tsp dried thyme. Blend well.
- Creamy French Dressing: Follow recipe above and add 1/4 cup sour cream. Blend well.
- Anchovy French Dressing: Follow recipe above, but substitute lemon juice for vinegar, omit salt and add 6 minced anchovy fillets. Blend well.
- Tomato French Dressing: Follow recipe above. Add 1/2 cup ketchup and blend well.