Classic Italian Salad Dressings
|2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1/8 cup red wine vinegar|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1 tsp Italian seasoning|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1/2 tsp black pepper|
This is a recipe for a classic Italian dressing. We have also include some ideas for variations.
- Combine all ingredients in a screw top jar or a bowl and shake or whisk until well combined and thickened.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Creamy Italian dressing: Prepare dressing as above adding 1/4 cup sour cream. Blend well.
- Italian Cheese dressing: Prepare dressing as above. Add 2 tbs of Parmesan or Romano cheese. Blend well.
- Italian Blue Cheese dressing: Prepare dressing as above, omitting the Italian seasoning. Mash 1/4 cup Gorgonzola with 1 tbs grated onion and stir in 1/4 cup light cream. Combine and mix well.
- Anchovy dressing: Prepare dressing as above. Add a 2 oz can of anchovies, chopped. Blend well.
- Any combination of the following may be added to the basic dressing:
- minced onion
- minced pimento
- minced parsley
- minced green pepper
- sliced scallions
- onion powder