Coconut Lime Chicken Soup
- 2-3 lb deli chicken, cooked
- 1 (15oz) can of coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 and 1/2 cups carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 hot red pepper, seeded and chopped
- kosher salt and white pepper to taste
- 1 tbs fresh cilantro chopped
- Remove the skin and shred the meat from the chicken.
- Add the chicken to a large sauce pan, along with the stock, coconut milk and all other ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer fro 15 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with lime wedges.