Corn and Shrimp Chowder
|1 tbs butter|
|1 cup onion, diced|
|1 cup celery, diced|
|1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|4 cups chicken stock|
|2 cups cubed potatoes|
|2 cups half and half|
|1/4 cup cornstarch|
|3 cups frozen corn, thawed|
|1 lb small shrimp, cooked and peeled|
|1/4 tsp cayenne pepper|
|kosher salt and white pepper to taste|
- In a large stock pot, heat butter over medium heat and saute the onions, celery, bell pepper and garlic until tender.
- Add the chicken stock and potatoes and cook for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Add the corn starch to the half and half and whisk until smooth. Slowly add the the pot while stirring.
- Add the corn and cook until thickened.
- Add the shrimp and simmer until cooked through. About 4 minutes
- Taste for seasoning then season with salt and white pepper if desired.