Country Pasta Salad
|3 cups of fusilli pasta|
|1/2 lb of green beans, trimmed and blanched|
|1 large potato, peeled then cut into squares|
|1/2 lb of cherry tomatoes, halved|
|1/2 lb of fresh Parmesan cheese, shaved into strips|
|2 scallions, minced|
|8 pitted black olives, cut into rings|
|2 tbs capers, drained|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|flat leaf parsley for garnish|
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under running water.
- Add the potatoes to a sauce pan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook until fork tender. About 8-10 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
- Add the beans to boiling water and blanch for about 5 minutes. Drain.
- To make the dressing, add all ingredients to a bowl, season with salt and pepper, then whisk to combine.
- Add the tomatoes, scallions, Parmesan, olives and capers to the bowl. Then add the cold pasta, beans and potato.
- Gently combine, the refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with flat leaf parsley.