Crab Stuffed Shrimp
- 12 Colossal shrimp
- 1 lb crab meat
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tbs Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tbs green bell pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 3 lemon wedges
- paprika for garnish
Butterfly shrimp by peeling the shrimp down t the tail; leave tail on. Devein, then slice down the length of the shrimp, almost to the vein. Spread and flatten t make the butterfly shape.
- Peel devein and butterfly the shrimp. Set aside and preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a 2 qt mixing bowl, combine the crab meat, red pepper, Old Bay, green pepper and bread crumbs.
- Add enough mayonnaise to bind the mixture. Roll 12 crab balls.
- In an oven proof baking dish, place a small amount of water to cover the bottom along with 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- To assemble shrimp, place a crab meat ball on top of the butterflied meaty area of the shrimp and flip the tail over the top.
- Arrange the stuffed shrimp in the baking dish and squeeze lemon wedges so that the juice runs over the top of the shrimp.
- Pour the remaining 1/4 cup melted butter over shrimp and garnish with a sprinkle of paprika.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20-25 minutes.