Cream of Crab Soup
|1 lb crab meat|
|6 tbs butter|
|2 small potatoes, peeled and cut into a 1/2 inch dice|
|1 small onion, diced|
|2 tsp Old Bay seasoning|
|1 tbs dry mustard|
|4 tbs flour|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tsp white pepper|
|4 cups half and half|
|2 cups milk|
|2 tbs dry sherry|
|1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
- Pick over crab meat to remove any pieces of shell.
- In a 3 qt sauce pan, melt butter, then add potatoes, onion, Old Bay and mustard.
- Cook over low heat until tender, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add flour, salt and pepper, blending well.
- Gradually add the half and half and the milk.
- Return to the stove and cook at low heat until, thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add crab meat and continue to cook for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in sherry and parsley just before serving.