- 2 lbs fresh spinach, stems removed
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- dash of fresh cracked black pepper
- dash of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
This is a classic recipe from the Palm restaurant. Silky smooth and absolutely delicious. It goes well with grilled meats.
- Add the spinach to boiling, salted water and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Drain and using a clean dish towel, squeeze as much water as possible from the spinach as possible.
- Add the butter to a saute pan, then add the spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for several minutes.
- Add the nutmeg and cream and cook until the sauce is reduced by about 1/2. About 3 minutes.