Creamy Tomato Bisque
- 1 (28oz) can San Marzano tomatoes
- 1/4 cup arborio rice
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 large onion, sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Add the olive oil to a large sauce pan using medium high heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and saute until onion are almost tender. About 4-5 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir occasionally for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and stir until almost absorbed into the rice.
- Add the tomatoes along with the juice and stir. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Using a hand held immersion blender or a food processor, blend the bisque until smooth.
- Return to the pan and add the heavy cream and mix well combine. Simmer for another 3 minutes until warmed through.
- Taste for seasoning. Garnish with parsley.