Creamy Tomato Bisque
|1 (28oz) can San Marzano tomatoes|
|1/4 cup arborio rice|
|6 cloves garlic, crushed|
|1/2 cup heavy cream|
|1 large onion, sliced|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 cup vegetable stock|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|Fresh parsley for garnish|
- Add the olive oil to a large sauce pan using medium high heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and saute until onion are almost tender. About 4-5 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir occasionally for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and stir until almost absorbed into the rice.
- Add the tomatoes along with the juice and stir. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Using a hand held immersion blender or a food processor, blend the bisque until smooth.
- Return to the pan and add the heavy cream and mix well combine. Simmer for another 3 minutes until warmed through.
- Taste for seasoning. Garnish with parsley.