Cuban Mojo Sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup of sour orange juice (if you can't find sour oranges, use a combination of regular orange and lime juice in a 3 to 1 ratio)
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1 tbs oregano
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tsp kosher salt
This is a super simple sauce that is typically used in Cuba to inject into pork shoulder of whole baby pigs before roasting. There are many variations of this sauce but it is known as Mojo.
- Add all ingredients to a non metal bowl and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to use, you may either inject the sauce into the pork using an injector or you may rub the sauce all over the meat to be roasted.
- If you are rubbing the sauce over the meat, cover and let marinate for several hours before roasting.