Deep Fried Corn
- 3 large ears of fresh white or yellow corn, halved and ends trimmed (we prefer yellow)
- 3-4 cups vegetable or canola oil
- 1 stick butter, softened
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is an interestingly delicious way to prepare corn on the cob. It comes out sweet and lightly golden.
- In a large sauce pan or deep fryer, fill 1/3 full with oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Once the oil is hot, add the corn 2 to 3 halves at a time and fry for about 5 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Serve slathered with butter and seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Note: If you are serving a larger crowd, just increase the number of ears.