Deep Fried Pork Chops
- 4 loin pork chops, untrimmed
- 1 tbs kosher salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- vegetable oil for deep frying
This is a recipe that is commonly used in Latin cuisine.
- In a bowl mix the salt. pepper and garlic powder and mix well.
- Season the pork chops on both sides with the spice mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Fill a deep fryer or large sauce pan 1/3 full with oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Once oil is hot, deep fry the pork chops in batches until golden and the surrounding fat is crispy.