Dominican White Rice
|2 cups long grain rice|
|juice of 1 large lime|
|3 cups water|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|1/4 cup peanut oil|
This is the typical way that rice is prepared in the Dominican Republic.
- Wash the rice thoroughly, drain and cover with cold water.
- Add the lime juice and allow to stand for 2-3 minutes. Drain.
- Pour the water into a heavy sauce pan with a tight fitting lid, add the salt and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until the rice almost is cooked.
- Stir the oil into the rice, cover and cook on the lowest possible heat until the rice is tender.