Eastern Shore Crab Cakes
- 1 lb jumbo lump blue crab meat
- 1/2 cup cracker crumbs
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Old Bay seafood seasoning
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs dry mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
This is the typical method to prepare crab cakes on the Eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients together, except for crab meat.
- Pick over the crab meat to remove any shell, making sure not to break up any of the lumps.
- Add the crab meat to the mayo and bread crumb mixture and gently combine well. Try not to break up any lumps.
- Form the mixture into 4 (1/4 lb) balls and refrigerate covered for 30-45 minutes.
- To cook, either fry or broil until the crab cakes are golden.