Fresh Herb Quiche
|1 frozen 9 inch pie shell, thawed|
|5 slices bacon, cut into pieces|
|3 oz Gruyere cheese, thinly sliced|
|2 egg yolks|
|1 and 1/2 cups whipping cream|
|2 tbs dried mixed herbs (rosemary, chives, sage, basil and thyme|
|kosher salt to taste|
|2 tbs butter|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp. Drain and place evenly on the bottom of the thawed pastry shell.
- Arrange cheese over bacon.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, egg yolks, cream, herbs and salt.
- Pour the egg mixture into the quiche shell.
- Dot with butter and bake until top is golden or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. About 25-30 minutes.