Fresh Herb Quiche
- 1 frozen 9 inch pie shell, thawed
- 5 slices bacon, cut into pieces
- 3 oz Gruyere cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 and 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tbs dried mixed herbs (rosemary, chives, sage, basil and thyme
- kosher salt to taste
- 2 tbs butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp. Drain and place evenly on the bottom of the thawed pastry shell.
- Arrange cheese over bacon.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, egg yolks, cream, herbs and salt.
- Pour the egg mixture into the quiche shell.
- Dot with butter and bake until top is golden or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. About 25-30 minutes.