Fried Oyster Sandwich Appetizers
- 12 select oysters, shelled
- 12 mini Parker house rolls
- 12 small butter lettuce leaves
- remoulade sauce
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- juice from 1 lemon
- Corn meal for dredging
- oil for frying
These a perfect little appetizers that are perfect for a cocktail party. They can be eaten in one or two bites.
- In a sauce pan or deep fryer fill 1/3 full with oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile coat the oysters in cornmeal and shake off excess.
- Place the oysters in the hot oil and fry for about 2 minutes until golden and crispy. Drain on paper towels.
- Place each oyster on the bottom half of each roll, then squeeze a bit of lemon juice over each.
- Top each oyster with a small butter lettuce leaf and a dab of remoulade sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Top each with the other half of the roll, place on a platter and serve.