Grilled Rainbow Trout
|2 small rainbow trout, cleaned, head and tail on|
|flour for coating, optional|
|1/4 cup clarified butter or olive oil|
|2 tsp lemon juice|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|parsley sprigs and lemon slices for garnish|
- Measure the fish at the thickest part. Plan to cook 10 minutes per inch.
- Dust with flour, if desired, then dip into melted butter or oil.
- Sprinkle lemon juice on each side and slash in 3 places per side with a sharp knife.
- Preheat the grill, and brush with butter of oil.
- Add the fish and as soon as fish is seared, loosen with a spatula.
- Cook over medium high heat for half the total time indicated, then turn.
- When done skin should be browned and crisp on each side.
- Transfer fish to a serving platter and season with salt and pepper, then garnish with parsley and lemon slices.
- Serve with melted butter of Hollandaise sauce.