Grilled Scallops with Brown Butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, diced
- 8 jumbo scallops
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- lemon wedges for serving
This is a beautiful delicious dish that is served on scallop half shells. You can purchase natural or porcelain scallop shells at your local gourmet kitchen supply store.
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over a medium heat.
- Continue to heat until the butter is a pale golden brown, then remove from the heat right away.
- Arrange the scallops in their half shells in a single layer in a large oven proof casserole.
- Brush a little of the brown butter over them.
- Broil the scallops for 4 minutes.
- Remove the scallops from the oven and pour the remaining brown butter over.
- Season with salt and pepper, then garnish with the chopped parsley.