Grilled Squid Stuffed with Feta Cheese
- 8 squid bodies, cleaned about 2 lbs
- 8-12 finger length slices of feta cheese
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 8 thyme sprigs, leaves removed and chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- lemon wedges for serving
- Clean the squid and remove the transparent quill, then remove the purple skin. Rinse the body sack inside and out.
- Lay the squid in a shallow dish in one layer and place the strips of feta along side.
- To make the marinade, pour the olive oil into a large bowl, along with the garlic thyme, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the marinade over the squid, cover and refrigerate for several hours, turning the squid occasionally.
- Place a few strips of the marinated cheese inside of the squid bodies.
- Preheat the grill or broiler and cook then for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve the squid with lemon wedges.