Grilled Squid Stuffed with Feta Cheese
|8 squid bodies, cleaned about 2 lbs|
|8-12 finger length slices of feta cheese|
|3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|4 cloves garlic, crushed|
|8 thyme sprigs, leaves removed and chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|lemon wedges for serving|
- Clean the squid and remove the transparent quill, then remove the purple skin. Rinse the body sack inside and out.
- Lay the squid in a shallow dish in one layer and place the strips of feta along side.
- To make the marinade, pour the olive oil into a large bowl, along with the garlic thyme, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the marinade over the squid, cover and refrigerate for several hours, turning the squid occasionally.
- Place a few strips of the marinated cheese inside of the squid bodies.
- Preheat the grill or broiler and cook then for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve the squid with lemon wedges.