Indian Spiced Cornish Game Hens
|2 Cornish game hens|
|1 cup white rice|
|2 cinnamon sticks|
|1 tbs cardamon|
|2 bay leaves|
|4 whole cloves|
|1 lemon cut in half|
|1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Wash and dry hens. Season them on the inside and out with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl add the rice, cardamon and parsley and mix well.
- With a sharp knife make 2 inserts in each lemon half and insert the whole cloves.
- To the cavities of each bird add a lemon half, cinnamon stick and 1 bay leaf.
- Then add the spiced rice, packing it in well.
- Using butchers twine tie together the legs of the hens.
- Add the hens to a roasting pan and place in a preheated 350 degree oven.
- Roast for 45-60 minutes or until juices run clear.