|2 bunches of young kale, ribs removed|
|1 bulb of fennel, cored and thinly sliced|
|4 radishes, thinly sliced|
|2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and thinly sliced|
|2 scallions, thinly sliced|
|1/4 lb Parmesan cheese, shaved into slivers|
|1 shallot, minced|
|juice of 2 lemons|
|1/4 cup red wine vinegar|
|1 cup olive oil|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
Kale is typically cooked, however it can be used in a crisp delicious super healthy salad.
- For the dressing, combine the shallot, lemon juice and vinegar in a non metal bowl.
- Gradually whisk in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For the salad, remove the ribs from the kale and cut the kale into thin strips and add to a large bowl.
- Add the fennel, radishes, jalapenos and scallions.
- 5 minutes before serving add the dressing and toss.
- Top with the Parmesan slivers.