Lemon Thyme Scallops
- 1 lb fresh large sea scallops
- grated rind from 1 lemon
- juice from 1 lemon
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- kosher salt and white pepper to taste
These scallops are marinated in lemon juice, olive oil and fresh thyme then grilled.
- Add the scallops to a non metal bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon rind, olive oil, thyme leaves, salt and white pepper. Mix well, then marinate covered in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill or broil the scallops for about 5 minutes, each side or until scallops are opaque and firm to the touch. Do not over cook.
- Place scallops on a plate and garnish with lemon rind.