Low Calorie Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 4 (2 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (1 oz) slices cooked lean ham, cut in half
- 2 (1 oz) slices low-fat Swiss cheese, cut in half
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbs ap flour
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 of a (10 and 1/2 oz) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
This recipe contains 172 calories per chicken roll.
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4 inch thickness, using a meat mallet or heavy bottomed pan.
- Place one half slice each of the ham and cheese in the center of each chicken breast half.
- Roll up lengthwise, and secure with toothpicks.
- Dip each chicken roll in egg then dredge in flour.
- Place chicken rolls, seam side down in a shallow casserole dish coated with cooking spray, and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Combine onion and soup and stir well to combine.
- Pour over chicken, and continue to bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes more or until chicken is done.