Low Calorie Creole Sauce
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tbs onion, minced
- 2/4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 and 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp whole oregano
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- kosher salt to taste
This sauce is perfect over meats and vegetables and contains only 26 calories per 1/3 cup serving.
- Coat a skillet with coking spray and place over low heat.
- Add the green pepper, mushrooms and onion and saute for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from the heat and add the tomato sauce.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, stirring to blend. Add the the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Boil sauce, stirring constantly for about another 1 minute until thick and bubbly.
- Serve hot.