Low Calorie Creole Sauce
|vegetable cooking spray|
|1/2 cup chopped green pepper|
|3 tbs onion, minced|
|2/4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced|
|1 and 1/2 cups tomato juice|
|2 tbs water|
|1 tsp cornstarch|
|1 tsp whole oregano|
|pinch of cayenne pepper|
|kosher salt to taste|
This sauce is perfect over meats and vegetables and contains only 26 calories per 1/3 cup serving.
- Coat a skillet with coking spray and place over low heat.
- Add the green pepper, mushrooms and onion and saute for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from the heat and add the tomato sauce.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, stirring to blend. Add the the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Boil sauce, stirring constantly for about another 1 minute until thick and bubbly.
- Serve hot.