Low Calorie English Pea Soup
|1 large package of frozen peas|
|1/4 medium head lettuce|
|1/4 lb fresh spinach leaves|
|1/2 cup scallions, chopped|
|1/4 cup chicken stock|
|1/2 tsp chervil or parsley|
|1 cup water|
|1/4 cup skim milk|
|kosher and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This recipe contains only 46 calories per 1/2 cup serving.
- Combine peas, lettuce, spinach, green onions, chicken stock, chervil or parsley in a large sauce pan and stir in the water.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Process the mixture in a blender of food processor until smooth.
- Return the mixture to the sauce pan and stir in the milk.
- Cook over medium high heat until heated through.