Low Calorie Pork Chops with Apples
- 4 (1/4 lb) center cut pork chops, trimmed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 and 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 medium cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
This recipe contains 182 calories per 1 chop and 3/4 cup of apples.
- Brown the chops and onion in a large skillet coated with cooking spray.
- Combine water, chicken stock, salt and pepper, stirring to dissolve and add the the skillet.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes. Skim off fat.
- Add the apple slices and cinnamon to mixture in skillet.
- Cover and simmer an additional 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve hot.