Low Calorie Pork Chops with Apples
|4 (1/4 lb) center cut pork chops, trimmed|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|vegetable cooking spray|
|1 and 1/4 cups water|
|1/4 cup chicken stock|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|3 medium cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced|
|1/2 tsp ground cinnamon|
This recipe contains 182 calories per 1 chop and 3/4 cup of apples.
- Brown the chops and onion in a large skillet coated with cooking spray.
- Combine water, chicken stock, salt and pepper, stirring to dissolve and add the the skillet.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes. Skim off fat.
- Add the apple slices and cinnamon to mixture in skillet.
- Cover and simmer an additional 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve hot.