Marinated Flank Steak
- 2 lbs flank steak, trimmed of fat
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 quarter sized fresh ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp brown sugar
This is a wonderful marinade that can be used on any cut of steak.
- Combine the marinade ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Add the steak to a shallow glass baking dish and pour the marinade over. Marinate for about 40 minutes.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and grill over hot coals for about 4 minutes per side, depending on thickness or until desired doneness is reached.
- To serve allow the meat to rest for at least 5 minutes then slice diagonally across the grain.