Middle Eastern Chickpea Coleslaw
- 1 (16 oz) can of chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 head of cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 cup onions, shredded
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 5 tbs plain yogurt
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- juice of 1 lemon
- Add cabbage to a large colander and sprinkle liberally with kosher salt. Allow to sit for 1 hour.
- Rinse cabbage completely then place in a salad spinner and remove all water.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.