Mushy Pea and Mash Potato Pie
- 1 lb of frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbs butter
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 (9inch) frozen pie shell, thawed
- 1 cup brown gravy
This is authentic British comfort food.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the peas to salted water and cook for 3-4 minutes. Drain and add to a food processor along with the heavy cream and butter.
- Pulse until almost smooth but some texture remains.
- Add warm mashed potatoes to pie shell, then top with the pea mixture and spread evenly over the top.
- Add the pie to the oven and warm through 15-22 minutes.
- Meanwhile warm gravy.
- To serve the pie cut into wedges place in serving bowls and drizzle with gravy.