Mushy Pea and Mash Potato Pie
|1 lb of frozen green peas|
|1/2 cup heavy cream|
|1 tbs butter|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 cups mashed potatoes|
|1 (9inch) frozen pie shell, thawed|
|1 cup brown gravy|
This is authentic British comfort food.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the peas to salted water and cook for 3-4 minutes. Drain and add to a food processor along with the heavy cream and butter.
- Pulse until almost smooth but some texture remains.
- Add warm mashed potatoes to pie shell, then top with the pea mixture and spread evenly over the top.
- Add the pie to the oven and warm through 15-22 minutes.
- Meanwhile warm gravy.
- To serve the pie cut into wedges place in serving bowls and drizzle with gravy.