Octopus Squid and Shrimp in Olive Oil
|1 lb of octopus|
|1 lb of shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1 lb of squid, cut into rings|
|3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|juice of 2 limes|
|1 small red onion, sliced thinly|
|kosher salt to taste|
|butter lettuce cups for serving|
This is super simple recipe the is commonly eaten in Mediterranean countries. The key is to poach the seafood for only a few minutes to prevent it from getting tough.
- Cut the octopus into 1/2 inch chunks.
- Shell and devein the shrimp, then cut the squid into 1/4 inch rings.
- In a large saute pan fill with water and bring to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling add the octopus and boil for 1 hour.
- Remove the octopus and add the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes.
- In a colander, drain the seafood and place under cold running water.
- Add the seafood to a large bowl and season lightly with salt.
- Add the onions and lime juice and mix well.
- Serve in butter lettuce cups.