Octopus Squid and Shrimp in Olive Oil
- 1 lb of octopus
- 1 lb of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb of squid, cut into rings
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- kosher salt to taste
- butter lettuce cups for serving
This is super simple recipe the is commonly eaten in Mediterranean countries. The key is to poach the seafood for only a few minutes to prevent it from getting tough.
- Cut the octopus into 1/2 inch chunks.
- Shell and devein the shrimp, then cut the squid into 1/4 inch rings.
- In a large saute pan fill with water and bring to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling add the octopus and boil for 1 hour.
- Remove the octopus and add the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes.
- In a colander, drain the seafood and place under cold running water.
- Add the seafood to a large bowl and season lightly with salt.
- Add the onions and lime juice and mix well.
- Serve in butter lettuce cups.