Orange and Fennel Salad
- 6 oranges, thinly sliced , peel and pith removed
- 1 large fennel, bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tbs cumin seeds
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- fresh mint sprigs
- black olives
- olive oil
This recipe uses cumin seeds and mint to bring out the flavor of the oranges and Onions.
- Add the sliced and cleaned oranges to a bowl along with the sliced fennel. Add a splash of olive oil.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the cumin seeds over.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate several hours before serving.
- To serve garnish with fresh mint sprigs and black seedless olives.