Pineapple Brown Rice
|1 cup brown rice|
|2 cups water|
|1/2 tsp kosher salt|
|1 cup pineapple chunks in juice, drained|
|1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped|
|1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions|
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the rice, water and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cover.
- Simmer for 30 minutes until the rice is tender and all the water has been absorbed.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and add the pineapple and bell pepper, cover and allow to warm through.
- Top with scallions and serve.