Pineapple Brown Rice
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the rice, water and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cover.
- Simmer for 30 minutes until the rice is tender and all the water has been absorbed.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and add the pineapple and bell pepper, cover and allow to warm through.
- Top with scallions and serve.