- 2 large heads garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
Uncooked garlic has a very pungent flavor, however roasted garlic becomes almost sweet and is perfect for smearing on warm crusty bread, vinaigrette dressings, pesto and in any dish where garlic would work but you would rather not have so pungent of a taste. The possibilities are endless.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut 1/4 inch off the pointed top of the garlic and leave the bulb intact but expose the cloves.
- Place garlic, cut side up, in a small baking dish.
- Drizzle each head with olive oil.
- Roast until garlic cloves are soft and golden brown. About 45-50 minutes.
- Allow heads to cool, then squeeze garlic from papery white skin.