Savory Chicken Slaw
|1 head of savoy cabbage, shredded|
|1 store brought rotisserie chicken, pulled and shredded|
|1 small bunch of basil leaves, cut into strips|
|1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved|
|1/2 cup celery, sliced|
|1/2 cup red onions, halved and sliced|
|1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|1/4 cup sour cream|
|dash of sugar|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 tsp celery seeds|
This is a take on coleslaw the uses store brought rotisserie chicken. Guaranteed to become one of your favorites.
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl add the mayonnaise, sour cream and a dash of sugar. Refrigerate and set aside
- Shred the cabbage into thin strips and add to a colander. Sprinkle liberal with kosher salt and place over a bowl for 1 hour.
- After an hour rinse the cabbage several times with cold water. Add to a salad spinner and remove all water.
- Mean while, remove the skin from the chicken and pull apart the meat in strips and place in a bowl. Note you can reserve the leftover chicken bones to make stock.
- In a large bowl add the cabbage, basil leaves, tomatoes, celery, red onions and celery seeds.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and gently combine.
- Add the dressing a little at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Refrigerate covered for at least 1 hour before serving.