Shrimp Rotini and Cheddar Cheese Salad
- 3 cups Rotini pasta, cooked according to package directions.
- 1 lb small shrimp, peeled, deveined and cooked
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 tbs red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Several dashes of hot sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions, Rinse under cold water to cool .
- Peel and devein the shrimp, the simmer in hot water for 5-8 minutes or until pink and cooked through. Take care not to over cook. Drain and cool under running water
- In a large bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Blend well.
- Add the shrimp along with the pasta, peppers, celery and cheese to the dressing.
- Toss gently.