Spanish Salad with Olives and Capers
|1 bunch scallions|
|1 bunch arugula, washed|
|8 large pimento stuffed olives|
|2 tbs capers, drained|
|2 tbs red wine vinegar|
|1 tsp paprika|
|1 tsp ground cumin|
|1 clove garlic, crushed|
|5 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Peel and seed the tomatoes, then chop into a dice. Add to a large bowl.
- Peel the cucumber, slice in half, remove the seeds with a spoon and cut into a dice. Add to the bowl.
- Trim and chop half of the scallions and add them to the bowl and mix lightly.
- Tear the arugula into smaller pieces and add to the tomato mixture along with the olives and capers.
- To make the dressing, mix the wine vinegar, paprika, cumin and garlic in a bowl.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve at once with the extra scallions on the side.