Spanish Shrimp Appetizer
|1 lb medium pink raw shrimp, shelled, tails removed|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|juice and rind from 1 lemon|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|4 large butter lettuce leaves|
|fresh parsley for garnish|
This is a traditional Spanish shrimp appetizer. Use the freshest shrimp available.
- Shell shrimp and add them to a non-reactive bowl.
- Season the shrimp with the kosher salt and lemon rind.
- Add the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Combine well to coat. Allow to marinate for about an hour.
- Divide the shrimp evenly among the lettuce leaves and garnish with parsley