Spanish Shrimp Appetizer
- 1 lb medium pink raw shrimp, shelled, tails removed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- juice and rind from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large butter lettuce leaves
- fresh parsley for garnish
This is a traditional Spanish shrimp appetizer. Use the freshest shrimp available.
- Shell shrimp and add them to a non-reactive bowl.
- Season the shrimp with the kosher salt and lemon rind.
- Add the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Combine well to coat. Allow to marinate for about an hour.
- Divide the shrimp evenly among the lettuce leaves and garnish with parsley