|1 egg yolk|
|1 tbs white wine vinegar|
|2 tbs Dijon mustard|
|1 cup vegetable oil|
|2 tbs lemon juice|
|4 tbs scallions, chopped|
|2 tbs chopped capers|
|4 tbs dill pickles, chopped|
|4 tbs chopped parsley, chopped|
This is a made from scratch tartar sauce.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg yolk with a wire whisk until smooth,
- Add the vinegar and mustard and season with salt and pepper and continue to whisk for another 20 seconds.
- Gradually whisk in the oil, constantly beating until a smooth mayonnaise type emulsion forms.
- Add the lemon juice, capers, pickles and parsley and mix well.
- Taste for seasoning, cover and chill for about 1 hour before using.
- For a quicker sauce you may us pre-prepared mayonnaise, and just add the lemon juice, capers, pickles and parsley.