Spicy Salmon Pasta Salad
|2 and 1/2 cups shell macaroni or small pasta of your choice|
|1 (8oz) can of salmon|
|1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|1 tbs lemon juice|
|1 tbs of liquid from salmon|
|1/2 tsp prepared horseradish|
|1 tbs yellow mustard|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/2 cup celery, chopped|
|1/2 cup cucumber, chopped|
|1 cup frozen peas, cooked, then chilled|
|butter lettuce leaves|
- Cook macaroni or desired small pasta according to package directions. Rinse in cold water to cool.
- Cook the peas in boiling water for about 4 minutes, drain and rinse under cold water to cool
- Drain salmon, remove any skin and bones, and flake, reserving 1 tbs of the liquid.
- In a large bowl add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, horseradish, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add the salmon, celery, cucumbers, peas and macaroni. Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently combine all ingredients well. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- If desired serve on butter lettuce cups.